Guidelines for the Admission of Associate Members to the EuroCham
1. Creation of Associate Membership under the Articles of Association
Clause 3 (c) of the Articles of Association provides that:
- are European-Nigerian bilateral chambers;
- are Associations of European countries’ businesses or investors in Nigeria;
- are European embassies, Consulates or trade offices in Nigeria;
- have an advisory role to EBO-Nigeria; and
- do not have voting rights and do not pay membership fees.
2. Definition of Associate Members
a) Associate Members shall include:
- European-Nigerian bilateral chambers
- Associations of European countries’ businesses or investors in Nigeria
- European embassies, Consulates or trade offices in Nigeria
- The bilateral chambers, associations, embassies, consulates or trade offices in the following countries in Europe: United Kingdom, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland.
3. Advisory Role of Associate Members
The Associate shall act in an advisory capacity to the EuroCham with respect to:
- [Collaborating with the EuroCham on topics and issues that affect the EU companies operating in Nigeria;
- discussing matters which are common to the EU countries operating in Nigeria;
- sharing on-going events and plans of the EuroCham with the EU companies in Nigeria;
- attending Courtesy Visits to strategic regulators and stakeholders with the EuroCham as needed; and
- growing the EuroCham’s memberships].
4. Representatives of Associate Members
- Associate Member shall nominate a representative to the EuroCham.
- One representative per Associate Member and such nominated representative shall serve as the point of contact for the Associate Member.
5. Becoming an Associate Member
- An application shall be made by the Associate Member to the Executive Secretary.
- Upon receipt of the application, the Executive Secretary shall present it to the Board of Directors for approval.
- Upon receiving the approval of the Board, the Executive Secretary shall write a welcome letter to the Associate Member.
6. Benefits and entitlements of Membership
- Invitations to the CEO Roundtable Sessions, Courtesy Visits, EU-Nigeria Business Forum and EuroCham Stakeholder Conference.
- Invitations to events hosted by the European Union delegation
- Invitations to join the Working Groups on an advisory capacity and for a specific duration.
- To adhere to the objectives of the EuroCham.
7. Contribution to the EuroCham
- Invitations to the EuroCham to meet with their business community (at least twice a year)
- Support our actions and engage for the EU mapping survey by sharing their contacts
- Promoting EuroCham (as applicable)
8. Membership Duration
- 2 (two)-year membership, to be renewed by sending a letter to the Executive Secretary requesting a renewal of membership.
- The representative of the Associate Member shall attend at least 10 events within the 2-year Tenure in order to be considered for renewal.
9. Cancellation of Membership
- In accordance with the Articles of Association of the EuroCham:
- any member may resign his/her membership with 30 days written notice to the Board; and
- Resigning membership will be effective from the following calendar year.